- The Candidates should not have reached the age of Forty Years by the opening date of The Politzer Meeting at which they are competing.
- Entry is open to both members and non-members of The Politzer Society
- Entry is restricted to one Prize only.
- The Candidates have to be registered for The Politzer Society meeting at which they are competing.
- The Politzer Prize Committee, consists of The President, The Past President and two other assessors appointed by The Board. If at any time there becomes a conflict of interests for any Prize Committee member, the President shall appoint a replacement/s from members of the The Politzer Society Board.
- Abstracts of 600 words, to include the objectives, materials, methods, results and conclusions should be sent to the President of the Politzer Society (*) and to the conference organisers (*), no later than 3 months before start of the meeting (November 18th, 2017).
- The Presentation should be substantially of their own work and represent an oral exposition of publishable work.
- The Presentation should not have been presented previously or published nationally or internationally.
- A manuscript should be prepared as for publication in Otology & Neurotology.
- The winners of The Politzer Prizes must agree to forward the manuscript to Otology & Neurotology within six months of the date awarded for consideration of publication.
- The Politzer Prize Committee will require evidence of the pursuit to publication.
- A signed declaration to confirm that the candidates have and will comply with all the regulations of The Politzer Prize should be appended.
- The President shall make a preliminary assessment and then send blinded abstracts to the other assessors, asking them to rank 1,2,3 the three best clinical and three best basic science papers. The cumulative 6 highest ranked abstracts will be invited to present.
- The President will inform the Organiser of those presentations not selected; they will be included in the general programme and the candidates informed.
- If the Presentation is not shortlisted for the Prize it will be automatically considered for a Short paper or Poster presentation.
- The Organiser shall reserve a 90 minutes plenary session at the The Politzer Society Meeting and publish it on all announcements and on the final programme as “Politzer Prize Session”.
- The session is chaired by the President of the Politzer Society. The presentation time is 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for the general discussion of each paper.
- The Politzer Prizes shall consist of The Politzer Prize Gold Medals, insignias, and €2000.
- The winners receive free registration and accommodation at the next Politzer Society meeting, if the above conditions have been met.
- The Politzer Prize Medals remain the property of The Politzer Society.
- The candidates accept that the decisions of The Politzer Prize Committee are final.
- The decision of The Politzer Society Prize Committee will be announced at The Gala Dinner and The President of The Politzer Society will present the Prizes.
- The finalist presentations will be welcome for publication within the Journal of International Advanced Otology.
(*) The candidates of Politzer Prize 2017 should send their abstracts by online abstract submission system instead of by e-mail. Please note that the online abstract system will be closed by February , 2017 to the regular abstract submission.
*all fields are mandatory